While care labels provide a great starting place, proper bedding care requires additional steps and is essential for increasing the longevity of your linens. So we created this easy guide to help answer the most frequent bedding care questions!
- Use a mild detergent and wait until it's diluted before putting sheets in the washer. Undiluted detergents can discolor fabric.
- Be careful how much detergent you use. We suggest using half the manufacturer's recommended amount.
- Avoid brighteners and other bleaching agents; they weaken and can discolor fibers.
- Dry on the low or medium heat setting; using high heat or even over drying will weaken fibers and scorch finishes.
- Use a wrinkle guard on the dryer (if available)
- Don't overstuff the dryer
- Remove promptly after the drying cycle is complete
- Put on bed while still warm
- Keeping 2-3 sets to rotate with will extend the longevity of your linens
- Store clean and completely dry sheets in a dry, cool place away from direct sunlight. Sun can fade colors.
- To keep your linen closet neat, fold your flat, fitted and one pillowcase and tuck into the other pillowcase.